BRIGHTON.


 On Saturday I went to Brighton for the first time! I have wanted to go for so so long and when I got the chance to go I grabbed it with both hands. There are so many places I've wanted to explore in Brighton but unfortunately we couldn't go everywhere, but needless to say I still had a great day. 


It was a long train journey but it was worth it. I never really get to go to the seaside that often (maybe once or twice a year)so when I do go I always make the most of my time there. As I said earlier I have never been to Brighton before so it was a new adventure for me. After arriving, we headed straight for the beach so that my little brother could dip his toes in the sea for the first time. I let myself have a little rest on the pebbles before we set off exploring.





After munching down some pesto pasta at a sea front restaurant we walked towards the pier. It was actually a lot busier then I expected but I still wanted to go because, not going to lie it looked quite fun. I must admit though, I'm not really the biggest fan of piers because they actually kind of scare me...the fact that you can see the water underneath you and that you're up high on some wooden planks balanced on metal rods is quite frightening(I am such a wimp!), but I actually forgot about my fears after entering the arcade. Of course I was mesmerized by the arcade lights but I was actually more amazed by the decor inside. We left the arcade but decided not to go to the rides but to get some donuts instead. THE DONUTS WERE DELICIOUS! The batter was scooped out and cooked right in front of us so we had hot, fresh, sugary donuts. Yummy!





























We went to chill on the beach one last time before leaving and I managed to pluck up the courage from somewhere to go and dip my feet in the sea (it was also an excuse to show of my new gel nails) and in case you were wondering, yes, the sea was cold! But afterwards I just laid down (a.k.a tried to sunbathe in jeans and a leather jacket) on the beach and properly relaxed for a while. We then went to look for lanes, and to be honest we were in a bit of a rush so we couldn't properly find them or browse the shops properly but what I did see of them was really pretty and sweet; however we did stumble upon the 'angel food bakery' which I have heard so many good reviews about so we had to get some cupcakes (they are all really yummy but my favourite is the Oreo one) if you ever go through the lanes definitely visit this bakery.

I really enjoyed visiting Brighton and I fell in love with it just from one visit. It is so quirky- everyone is their own person and every business is unique. My favourite part of the day was just lying on the beach and listening to the sound of the waves hitting the pebbles, it was so calming & relaxing. The whole day left me feeling really happy. I am 100% going back!

Ella x

No comments